JK Splash

King KDS 1000/6000 Combination Stone arrived!

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, April 1, 2010

Two thumbs up for Keiichi from BluewayJapan. I ordered this whetstone from him 'originally' over 2 months ago! But it never arrived. When I ordered it I chose the cheap "SAL" slow shipping option with no tracking number or insurance over the faster insured, but more expensive "EMS" method. ETA on "SAL" shipping was 2-5 weeks.

After 5 weeks I was getting worried and was in desperate need of a sharpening stone so emailed Keiichi to check if it was normal. He replied quickly saying that it usually didn't take that long, if it wasn't there in another couple of weeks he would refund my money! A couple of weeks later, still no whetstone. I emailed Keiichi again to inform him that it still had not arrived, but because I was still without a stone(above my Beston 500) to sharpen with, and knives that were getting duller by the day, I asked if instead of a refund could I just pay the extra for the EMS shipping and have another stone sent. He agreed and less than a week later the stone finally arrived.

Great service - he was under no obligation to provide a replacement for a shipping loss when I chose an un-insured, un-tracked shipping method, I am grateful he was willing to help me out. I will definitely be happy to deal with him again.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous

    have it used it great but better use a thicker grit before

Post a Comment