JK Splash

Fresh Food - Moroccan Style

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, April 8, 2010

I was lucky enough to spend some time in Northern Africa and Southern Europe early last year, a great experience! I was skimming through some the photographs I took and picked out some interesting ones relating to food I thought I would post up. These ones are from Morocco taken at a various medinas(markets) we visited in Marrakesh and Fez.

It is interesting to notice how in our built up modern western cities, people are paranoid about food hygiene, storage and handling practices. Some of the scenes in the following photos would shock some people, but in reality - if the food is fresh and prepared properly, I do not see any problem. This is the way people have traded food for thousands of years.
 The best tasting dried apricots I've ever had!
A couple of meat chicken stalls. Note the cat in the first picture. 
 Lamb hanging in the street, you walk up and buy a cut right off the carcass.
Camel anyone?
 Berber woman preparing bread for us in an earthen oven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment